The Grow Fit team has put together healthy Indian recipes that we’ve tried and tested ourselves. We offer foods that are balanced yet easy to make. These recipes use lentils and vegetables. The resulting dishes have a low glycemic index.
Crêpe, Pancakes, Dosas, Uttapams, Chillas and Pudlas
Chana Dal Crêpes (Chillas)
- 1/8 cup channa dal (split Bengal gram)
- 1/8 cup chopped methi (fenugreek) leaves
- 1/8 cup chopped spinach
- 1/8 cup grated carrot
- 1 to 1 1/2 curry leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tbsp low-fat curd
- 1/4 sachet fruit salt
- 1/4 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 green chillies, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp oil for cooking
- Soak the channa dal overnight, then drain.
- Grind the soaked channa dal into a coarse paste, adding a little water if required.
- Add the methi leaves, spinach, carrot, curry leaves, ginger, green chillies and salt and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the curd and fruit salt and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions, spread one portion of the batter on a non-stick pan and make a pancake approx. 125 mm. (5″) in diameter.
- Cook on a slow flame until both sides are golden brown, drizzling a little oil if required.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes. Yummy chillas are done! Serve hot.