The answer is yes! It’s in a fight to help our skin fight back.
1. Cleanse: Don’t take your make up to bed! With your make up you are taking to bed a toxic soup of poisonous chemicals that will continue to damage your skin as you sleep.
2. Hydrate: Keep it hydrated! Our skin has a natural barrier that protects it from impurities. This barrier works best when its hydrated instead of dry.
3. Exfoliate: Spend a little more time twice a week! Exfoliation goes in deeper to clean the pores thoroughly as also encouraging skin to renew its skin cell barrier. A cautionary note though, over exfoliation can reverse damage your skin by stripping away the protective skin barrier. Exfoliation twice a week is considered a good practice.
4. Antioxidants: Eat for the skin! Antioxidants are your best defence against environmental stressors. Fruits, veggies, tea, and dark chocolate, cranberry oil, Acai berry, and vitamin E are all powerful antioxidants that help our skin fight back damage.
5. Protect: Use the darn sunscreen! Sunscreen protects your skin from sun and pollution too. Another reason to load up on a good sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Look for products that are rich in vitamin B3 or Niacinamide, it helps bolster skin to fight damage.
Is there any good news left?
Yes! Our skin is a pretty efficient filter of good versus bad. Given the levels of pollution, however, it has to fight back harder and sometimes the fight is just not good enough on its own. Won’t you help it? Looking good and youthful is not a bad prize!
Good skin care can be learnt and further bolstered with great homemade preservative free products. You can download the GrowFit app to get in touch with our experts for targeted skin care solutions.